The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of modules in science and/or engineering on programmes offered by the College. These modules may be at both pre-Undergraduate and pre-Masters level. The post will be of particular interest to candidates who enjoy working with international students.
Starting salary available: £28,000 to £30,000 + benefits
The successful candidate will enjoy working with international students, be customer orientated and performance driven. In addition the successful candidate will have:
• A Bachelor degree in science, engineering or a related subject area and preferably a minimum of a Master’s degree
• Experience of teaching academic skills, such as research or writing, is desirable
• Significant teaching experience in science, engineering and/or a related area within a UK higher education context and experience of working with international students
• Ability to develop and update teaching material and preferably experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment
• Competence in teaching and administrative IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, etc)
• A student-centered and client-focused approach
• Strong record-keeping skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Flexibility and willingness to work under pressure to deadlines
Enthusiasm and motivation to be a performance-driven team player
Location: Liverpool International College, Liverpool University
Start date: January 2011
More information here.