DigiPen Institute of Technology, Redmond
DigiPen Institute of Technology is a Redmond, WA based college that uses a unique hands-on, project-based curriculum designed to reinforce core academic and foundational coursework in the areas of computer engineering, software development, sound design, production animation, and game design.
The Department of Physics invites applications for a full-time faculty position. The position begins August, 2015 and is subject to budget availability. The appointment is expected at the assistant professor rank, but candidates with exceptional qualifications may be considered for appointment at the rank of associate professor.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
The physics department offers required courses and advanced electives in support of all degree programs at the DigiPen Institute of Technology.
As such, candidates will:
- Have a Ph.D by the job start date.
- Be committed to excellence in teaching and scholarship.
- Be able to relate course material to life experience.
- Understand applications of physics in simulation.
- Pursue related research interests.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
To be considered for this position, applicants must include the following items in their application package:
- Letter of formal application addressing your experience and qualification.
- Statement of teaching philosophy and style.
- Curriculum vitae, including list of courses taught.
- Three letters of references with name, address, email, and telephone contact information.
Please submit all application materials to:
Dr. Erik Mohrmann
Chair, Department of Physics
DigiPen Institute of Technology
9931 Willows Rd, Redmond WA 98052