Applications are invited from candidates who hold a PhD or EdD in Science Education or a related field who are keen to teach in undergraduate and professional development programs and have a the potential to conduct educational research.
· Instructional experience in teaching both graduate and undergraduate-level courses related to Science and general teacher
· Teaching experience at the elementary, middle or secondary school level.
· Experience with and/or interest in leading
teacher professional development.
· Ability to teach professional and undergraduate-level courses related to Science and general teacher
· Interest in scholarly collaboration with other faculty in teacher education
· A commitment to working in a multicultural
· An interest to providing service to the College and wider community.
· Ability to mentor undergraduate students in
· The potential to develop an active research agenda based on teaching and learning that affects students' learning in K-12.
· Participate in the design, development, implement, and deliver the academic program in accordance with internationally
· Participate in the development and implementation of the quality assurance framework within the College's
overall framework, including the validation and revalidation of courses as well as student assessment.
Employ innovative approaches to
course design and delivery and ensure that teaching design and delivery
comply with the College's quality and educational standards and
· Design and deliver a range of courses tailored to student needs at the undergraduate and graduate levels, using a variety
of teaching methods and techniques that enhance the student engagement, motivation, and learning.
· Supervise student projects, field
trips, practicum, and Internships in accordance with College's policy and procedures.
· Supervise graduate student research projects and
serve on dissertation committees.
· Participate in the development of new academic programs.
Develop appropriate assessment
materials which provide evidence that the students have met the required
standards and participate in the marking of assessments and
examinations, providing constructive and appropriate feedback to
· Contribute to the continuous improvement of the teaching
learning environment and smooth operation of the program within the
College, exchanging information and ideas with colleagues, subject group
leaders and faculty across the college to inform innovation and
· Contribute to the development and implementation of
College's research and research strategy by participating in research
activities. Develop and maintain an active professional research
profile in internationally recognized, peer-reviewed, indexed
publications within the field of education.
· Actively participate in
dissemination of research to both external national and international
academic research audiences, as well as seeking the practical
application of research findings within the College.
· Actively participate in the professional development activities both within and
outside the College.
· Any other relevant duties assigned by the line manager or senior academic management.
About Emirates College for Advanced Education (ECAE):
home to a dedicated teacher preparation program, and school development
centre. ECAE is an Abu Dhabi Government higher education institute
affiliated with Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC). The college was
established to offer Undergraduate and Postgraduate Degree Programs as
well as professional development for in-service educators with a
commitment to playing a key role in the modernization of school
education in the UAE, and providing educational research solutions to
nation. The College offers B.Ed., PGDE and Master's Programs and is
distinguished for extensive practicum and mentoring opportunities for
its students. The medium of instruction at ECAE is English.
ECAE's benefits package is highly attractive,
with competitive salaries free of tax in the United Arab Emirates, a
living allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and
immediate family, educational subsidies for children and subsidized
healthcare provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
Email your CV to email@example.com