Posting number 1500325
|Title||Assistant Professor of Physics|
(if Faculty position)
|Is this a one year appointment only?||No|
|First Consideration Date:|
Applicants are encouraged to apply *before* this date to receive first consideration.
|Closing Date||Open Until Filled|
|General Duties & Responsibilities:||1. Teach diverse physics courses and labs at the undergraduate level, including: Astronomy, Physics for Scientists and Engineers, Quantum Mechanics, etc.|
2. Advise students.
3. Work effectively as a member of the Department of Physical Science.
4. Establish an externally funded undergraduate research program that complements existing efforts in the department.
5. Serve on department, college, and university committees.
6. Other assignments as determined by department chair and dean.
|Qualifications:||1. Ph.D. in Physics with an open area of specialization and a strong commitment to undergraduate teaching and research.|
2. Demonstrated teaching effectiveness.
3. Strong oral and written communication skills, leadership skills, and the ability to work effectively with colleagues in an undergraduate academic setting.
In accordance with Utah State Code 53A-3-410, appointment to this position is contingent upon the successful passing of a background check.
|Work Hours||Varies depending on courses and office hours.|
|Salary or Salary Range:||Commensurate with qualification and experience; excellent benefits.|
|Desired Starting Date||August 16, 2016|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||Please include a Statement of Undergraduate Research Plan with your Statement of Research Philosophy.|
Although listed as optional, copies of unofficial transcripts are required by the search committee in order for your application to receive full consideration.
If you have questions or problems with the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 435-586-7754.
|Required Applicant Documents:||Resume/CV|
Statement of Research Philosophy
Statement of Teaching Philosophy
Contact Information for at least 3 Professional References
|Optional Applicant Documents||Unofficial Transcripts - 1 (Official Transcripts will be required, if hired)|
Unofficial Transcripts - 2 (Official Transcripts will be required, if hired)
Unofficial Transcripts - 3 (Official Transcripts will be required, if hired)