Summary of Duties: The College of Science & Health at Utah Valley University (UVU) invites applications for a tenure-track position in Science Education.
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Develop and teach high-quality undergraduate secondary education methods courses
- Work collaboratively with university faculty members and public school personnel
- Foster the development of mentor teaching networks within local districts and schools
- Supervise field work of students, interns, and student teachers
- Conference with students regarding coursework, field work, and academic endeavors
- Maintain and submit accurate and current reports and records involving student accountability and performance
- Provide quality mentoring to undergraduate students
- Engage in and assist with ongoing program evaluation
- Participate in professional development with peers and public school personnel
- Prepare instructional materials (course outlines, syllabi, exams, etc.) as necessary
- Maintain student centered approach to education
- An earned Ph.D. in biology, chemistry, geology, or physics, with specialization in science education, or an earned Ph.D. in science education, or an EdD.
- A minimum of five years' experience teaching science at the secondary level.
- Evidence of promise of successful university teaching with undergraduate students
- Demonstrated ability to cooperate with other science teachers
- Evidence of ability to supervise and mentor pre-service and in-service teachers
- Commitment to using and applying appropriate computer centered technologies in teaching and learning