1000 West Court Street, Seguin, TX 78155
TENURE-TRACK POSITION IN PHYSICS
Texas Lutheran University invites applications for a tenure-track full-time position in the Department of Physics to begin August 2013. Requirements for the position include:
- Ph.D. in physics, an applied physics sub-discipline, or engineering
- A preferred background in experimental physics, computational physics, or engineering
- Strong commitment to excellence and innovation in teaching and advising undergraduate students
- Ability to teach effectively at all levels in the undergraduate physics and pre-engineering classroom and laboratory
- Commitment to mentor students in undergraduate research
- Commitment to university/community service and continued professional development
- Understanding of the role of a professor in the undergraduate small institution
- Commitment to attracting and developing students from traditionally under-represented groups
- Ability to contribute expertise to the University's interdisciplinary programs
- Affirmation of the mission of Texas Lutheran University, a nationally recognized university of the liberal arts, sciences, and professional studies in the Lutheran (ELCA) tradition
Anticipated rank is assistant professor. Salary is competitive; benefits are excellent. Texas Lutheran University is affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. The ELCA's 26 colleges and universities value and practice academic freedom and prepare men and women for lives of leadership and service in a diverse world. Texas Lutheran University is a Hispanic Serving Institution. For more information, consult our website at http://www.tlu.edu.
Please submit a letter of application addressing the above criteria, curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy, a statement of your approach to undergraduate research, and five professional references (names, addresses, e-mail, and telephone numbers) , and arrange for three confidential letters of recommendation to be submitted separately. While electronic submissions are preferred, paper documents will be accepted.
Dr. Lorne Davis, Department Chair
Texas Lutheran University
1000 W. Court St.
Seguin, TX 78155
Phone: (830) 372-6903
Review of applications will begin in October and continue until the position is filled. Texas Lutheran University has been recognized as a "Great College to Work For" by the Chronicle of Higher Education and also is on the President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll. The University is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and also is subject to the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA). As part of a serious commitment to diversity in its faculty, Texas Lutheran University encourages applications from women and minorities.