Under direction, conduct workshops and classes in math as assigned; assist students during drop-in tutoring and office hours. Evaluate student needs in relation to physics and math skills. Conduct data reporting on student outcomes on an annual basis.
- Knowledge of mathematics through advanced analysis, abstract algebra, and calculus, as well as thorough knowledge of materials available and principles involved in mathematics pedagogy.
- Skills to clearly explain physics and mathematical concepts and to assist students in acquiring problem-solving strategies and skills.
- Skill to adopt alternative approaches in both group and one-on-one situations to meet students' learning needs and skill levels.
- Experience in developing/offering physics and mathematics curricula.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience teaching in a related field.
- Skills to communicate with a diverse student population and the broader campus community.
- Work occasional evenings and weekends to meet department needs.
- Vacation restricted during peak work times.