Visiting Affiliate Assistant Professor (or Instructor), Teacher Education
Job Category Faculty
If Temporary or Visiting, Estimated End Date: 06-30-2014
Essential Duties of the Position Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in science and math methods; advising program students; service to the School of Education and to the University.
Required Qualifications (1) an earned masters or doctorate degree with specialization in science or mathematics education
(2) successful teaching experience in K-12 settings;
(3) evidence of participation in professional organizations
(4) knowledge of national standards and trends in math/science instruction. Applicants should also possess an awareness of and interest in the educational mission of Jesuit higher education.
Desired Qualifications (1) experience with urban education;
(2) experience teaching undergraduate and graduate courses;
(3) demonstrated capacity for culturally responsive teaching in diverse contexts.
(4) ability to work with College of Arts and Sciences departments and faculty in developing course work and programs
Job Posting Date 03-21-2013
Priority Application Deadline Date 04-30-2013
Job Close Date Open Until Filled
Anticipated Start Date 07-01-2013
Special Instructions to Applicants Successful candidates for any staff, faculty, or administrative position at Loyola University Maryland will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
Documents that must be associated with this posting Curriculum Vitae
Letter of Intent
List of References