Wednesday, March 20, 2013
TT at Victoria College
Victoria College is hiring a Full-time, tenure-track faculty position to teach Physics beginning Fall 2013 (August 19, 2013). Teaching assignment may include all levels of physics. Teaching via Interactive Television and/or online may be part of the teaching assignment. Committee work and other duties as assigned by the department chair or dean. Teaching assignments may include evening and weekend classes and/or classes at one of the college’s off-campus locations.
Required: A master’s degree with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in Physics. Experience with, or willingness to learn, online course development and teaching. Preferred: Qualifications to teach in additional disciplines.
Hiring range is based on an earned salary for a 9 month faculty position of $4,476 - $5,031 per month depending on qualifications. Competitive salary, plus excellent employee benefits that include retirement plans, paid health insurance, group rates for dental, life, and disability insurance, tuition, paid leave, Sec. 125 flex accounts, and a quality work environment.
To be considered for this position, your application packet must include:
1) Completed Victoria College application* for employment. To be found on the VC
HR website under Jobs @VC by selecting this link
2) A cover letter that summarizes your suitability for this position
3) Current résumé, with names and contact information of three professional references
4) Unofficial college transcripts (Official transcripts will be required upon employment.)
Submit complete application packet to:
Human Resources Office, Victoria College
2200 E. Red River, Victoria, TX 77901-4442
Or fax to (361) 582-2464
* Applications using “see attached resume” are considered incomplete
Screening of applications begins immediately. Only applicants with a complete application packet will be considered. While only qualified candidates will be interviewed, it is not a guarantee that all qualified applicants will receive an invitation to be interviewed.
Positions are open until filled.
The interview process for faculty positions will include:
• Interview with the Search Committee
• Writing sample (topic to be assigned onsite)
• 20-minute teaching demonstration
• Separate interviews with College President, Vice President of Instruction, and Dean
• Benefits overview with Human Resources