Requisition Number: 03009411
Recruitment Open To: UCD/UCDHS Employees and General Public
Final Filing Date 04-05-2013
Position: Upward Bound Science Instructor
Payroll Title LEARNING SKILLS COUNSELOR
Number of Positions: 1
Appointment Type: Limited
Appointment Description: 75% Variable. Appointment Dates: May 22, 2013 to August 3, 2013
Overtime Eligible:(FLSA) Non-Exempt
Union/HEERA Representation: This position is not represented by a collective bargaining unit
Department: TRIO PROGRAMS-DAVIS- 068053
The College Opportunity Programs works in partnership with administrators, teachers and students in specified elementary, middle and high schools in regional K-12 school districts. The goal of COP is to increase the number of students from historically low college enrollment communities who prepare for post-secondary preparation with an emphasis on college/university preparation.
Allow Applicants to Attach:
Provide students with academic skills and enrichment in a 6-week Summer Program; develop academic curriculum for classroom instruction in the subject area of Science; provide tutorial assistance; conduct pre- and post-testing; provide written evaluation of student's programs; maintain academic records; and participate in Upward Bound's extracurricular activities.
- Lift supplies weighing up to 50 lbs.
- May climb flights of stairs in residence halls for tutoring sessions.
- Work occasional evenings/nights.
- Employee shall participate in required preventative medical and medical monitoring programs which will include TB screening.
- A valid CA driver's license may be required..
Background Check Required:
This position is a critical position and subject to a background check. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity checks.
- Experience developing academic curricula and interactive classroom instruction.
- Experience teaching middle school or high school students in Science.
- Skills to evaluate students' needs and progress.
- Skills to establish and maintain supportive relationships with multi-ethnic participants from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Skills to establish, develop, and maintain supportive working relationships with all staff.
-A valid CA multi-subject or single subject teaching credential or Master's degree at the start of employment.
-Skills to speak and teach a foreign language.
Quick Link To This Position: